Want to Support My Comics, Blogging, and Videos?
It’s easy! You pledge a certain amount of money every month and that money, less Patreon’s fees, goes directly to me!
Think of it like a public radio or public TV pledge. It’s the same basic idea. My fans can support me directly–and get rewards! Also, unlike other social media websites, you won’t miss any of my updates, and will get email updates when I post new content for patrons.
Patreon Pledge Levels and Rewards
I have five different pledge levels on Patreon (you can actually pledge any amount you want, but you have to at least hit any of the levels I set to get the rewards).
- $1 a month – Blog Buddy – Full access to patrons only blog posts, including my weekly behind the scenes post where I write about making the latest Foxes & Boxes comic and post other artwork.
- $3 a month – Early Bird – All of the $1 rewards, and early access to the latest Foxes & Boxes comic, even before they go up on clattertron.com or my social media channels. (Usually the Friday before, Sunday at the latest).
- $5 a month – Sketch Fan – All of the $1 and $3 rewards, and each month I will email you a digital, print quality, 5″x7″ black and white, single character/thing sketch of my choice. Limited
- $10 a month – Mail Pal 1 – All of the $1 and $3 rewards, and a hand-written letter with a positive personal message each month, with a single character/thing sketch of my choice on the same page. Limited
- $20 a month – Mail Pal 2 – All of the $1 and $3 rewards, and a hand-painted watercolor cartoon of my choice on a postcard each month, along with a positive personal message handwritten message on the back (I can either mail the drawing as a postcard or send it to you in a mailer). Limited
How Does Patreon Support My Comics, Blogging, and Videos?
Making “free” entertainment is not without its costs. Patrons will help me cover my costs for making new comics, blog posts, and videos. Costs like:
- Website hosting fees.
- Domain registration fees.
- Website back-up services.
- Website plug-ins and updates (like the theme I bought for danieljhogan.com).
- Design work (like the Foxes & Boxes logo).
- Art supplies (pens, paper, etc).
- Equipment and software (drawing tablets, drawing programs).
- Future camera and lighting equipment, and editing software.
- Classes to help me learn new skills or sharpen old skills.
- Utilities and Internet service costs for my home office.
- Mobile data costs.
- Online advertising (Bing, Project Wonderful, Facebook).
- My PO Box address.
- Table fees for appearing at comic shows.
- Travel costs for appearing at comic shows and other events (food, gas, hotel).
- Costs for making art prints, books, comics, and other items to sell at comic shows.
In addition to rewards, when I hit certain monthly pledge milestones, more fun things get unlocked. This includes bonus goodies for patrons! Milestones include PDFs of my mini-comics only for patrons, a wall of fame on my websites, and more.